How to Replace Your Lennox Electronic Air Filter
How to Replace Your Lennox Electronic Air Filter As your air filter gets older, it will start to look dirty, and the house’s overall air quality will begin to suffer because of it. The best way to combat this is to simply replace your air filter with a new one that’s just like it or even better! It will save you money in the long run because you won’t have to keep buying new air filters every year or two, and it will make sure that your indoor air quality stays at an optimal level all year round. Here’s how to do it right!
Shut off your unit
To replace your Lennox electronic air filter, you need to shut off your unit. Unplug the power cord from the outlet and turn off the breaker or switch that supplies power to the furnace. It’s also a good idea to turn off any other heating or cooling appliances on the same circuit. Remove the filter cover by loosening the screws with a Phillips screwdriver, then take out the old filter and put in a new one. Make sure it is seated properly, screw in any necessary hardware, and cover up your new filter with a new filter cover. Plug in your unit, turn on its power source, and restart any other appliances that were shut down during this process!
Remove the old filter
1) Remove the old filter from the unit.
2) Turn off the power to the unit and disconnect the power cord from the outlet.
3) Open up your new filter package and remove it from its wrapping.
4) With your hand firmly gripping one end of the filter, insert it into the opening in the center of your furnace or air handler cabinet.
5) Firmly push on both ends of the filter until you hear a snap sound. This means that it is secured in place and ready for use.
6) Turn on the power to your unit, wait a few minutes for it to come back on, then reconnect the power cord before turning back on your furnace or air handler fan switch if applicable.
Compare the new filter to the old one
As we all know, a well-maintained air conditioning system is the best way to keep your home cool and comfortable in the summer. One of the most important parts of a well-functioning AC is the filter that catches dust and debris from circulating through your home. If you haven’t replaced your filter yet this year, now is the time! Lennox offers an electronic air filter replacement that features a self-sealing adhesive strip so you don’t need any screws or nails to secure it in place. They also offer energy-efficient filters which can save you up to 15% on cooling costs! The installation process for this new Lennox electronic air filter replacement only takes about 10 minutes and it’s easy enough for anyone with basic DIY skills.
Install the new filter
1) Disconnect the power by unplugging the unit from the outlet.
2) Use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the two screws that hold the filter cover in place.
3) Take off the old filter and throw it away. The new filter should have come with a plastic cover for storage, so be sure to save this for future use.
4) Place your new filter inside of the cover so that it fits snugly into place and replace the screws.
5) Reconnect power, turn on your air conditioner, and enjoy your clean indoor air!
Turn on your unit
You have an electronic air filter on your furnace and the electronic air filter is dirty, so it needs to be replaced. First, turn off your heating unit. Once you’ve turned it off, locate the filter and unscrew the old one. Then screw in the new one and make sure that it’s tight. Now turn your heating unit back on and check for any leaks. If everything looks good, then you’re done!
Replacing your filter on time is important for the health of your family. It is a simple, routine task that will ensure you are breathing clean air. Remember to replace the filter every month, or as needed based on changes in the environment. Make sure you are using the correct replacement filter for your model heating and cooling system. For example, if you have a Lennox electronic air filter replacement, make sure you purchase a Lennox electronic air filter replacement. Be sure to check out our selection of filters and find out which one will work best for your home and family’s needs!